Thursday, December 4, 2008

*clutches tummy*

This evening my husband and I went out to dinner to celebrate our thirteenth anniversary. He picked out this charming little restaurant in Carmel that I'd never heard of before, and the food was out of this world!

I have to admit, I cheated on my diet a bit. Had my first glass of wine in months, an absolutely stellar cabernet. I swear, this wine was like a meal in itself - rich, robust, almost chewy. Then, after skimming the menu about five times trying to decide what I wanted for my entree, I settled on this delicious risotto with rock shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms and artichoke hearts. It was so good I could only finish half of it, because I wasn't about to skip dessert!

Yes, I had dessert - creme brulee (my favorite!) with fresh berries. This was a huge cheat on my diet, but it was worth every bite. I'll just have to pedal the exercise bike that much harder tomorrow.

And now I'm gonna go stretch out on the couch and watch Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow on the DVR. ;)

7 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, Happy Anniversary! :D Jim and I just had our twelfth in August.

Sounds like you had a great dinner. I love creme brulee too -- it's my next best dessert after something wonderfully chocolate. One of these days they'll come up with chocolate creme brulee and I'll be SO dead, LOL!

Angie

Cat Grant said...

Oh, I'm sure somebody somewhere has figured out how to make chocolate creme brulee - now, we just have to find them! ;)

Angie said...

It'd just require a chocolate custard, right? It's funny but I've never heard of a chocolate custard. [ponder/frown] Chocolate things around that consistency are mousses and puddings and such, but nothing as thick and dense as a custard. Huh.

Angie

Cat Grant said...

I know chocolate custard exists - that's what they use for chocolate cream pie filling. One of these days we'll find a chocolate creme brulee. I have faith!

Angie said...

Really? Recipes I've seen have called for chocolate pudding. So, there is hope! :D

Angie

Cat Grant said...

Depends on what kind of bakery you go to. There's a local bakery here that uses chocolate custard in their pies. *goes into sugar shock just thinking about it*

Angie said...

Oh, yum!

All right, that's it, then -- if there's chocolate custard then there can be chocolate creme brulee.

Angie, who's totally doomed