Sunday, April 12, 2009

Amazon.com are a bunch of f**ktards! Who knew??

Photobucket

So I decide to take an afternoon off from surfing the web like a spastic monkey, and naturally the intarwebz explode! I'm sure by now everybody's heard about Amazon stripping many GLBT titles of their sales rank. I'm still too woozy from my afternoon nap to type out the particulars, so I'll refer you all to the Smart Bitches, Trashy Books post on the subject, which sums it up better than I ever could.

I don't know if they're doing the same thing to m/f romances containing explicit material, but they are with m/m/f books. The print edition of The Arrangement has been stripped, although (naturally!) the Kindle edition still has its ranking.

Having this happen on a holiday only adds to the sour taste. Hopefully every single Amazon exec will arrive at work tomorrow to find their email and voicemail stuffed to the brim with outraged messages - as well they should.

No comments: