Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I'm thankful for...

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful that my good friend (and fellow author!) EM Lynley's in my kitchen cooking our dinner! I made a New Year's resolution to learn how to cook, but roasting a turkey and making stuffing from scratch is beyond my very basic skills. Judging from how wonderful everything smells, this is going to be a great meal - if my rumbling tummy holds out!

In fact, here's the turkey and stuffing, fresh from the oven!

Photobucket

And here's EM sitting at the table!

Photobucket

Looks so ladylike, doesn't she? You should've seen her fisting the turkey!

And here's what the table looked like after we were done:

Photobucket

Yup, we were hungry!

All in all, it was a rather low-key day, a far cry from all those Thanksgivings spent with my dad's boisterous Italian family when I was growing up. And now, time to dig into the pecan pie!

1 comment:

Erotic Horizon said...

What a cool post and it's lovely when you spend time with people you connect with...

Lovely to see EM enjoying the fruits of her labour....


Happy Thankgiving Ladies...

E.H>