Sunday, August 7, 2011

Now it can be told!

Remember that secret I hinted about awhile back? The one I was so freakin' excited about, but couldn't reveal yet? Well, now I can!

Drum roll...

I've sold SIX books - my new contemporary m/m romance, Once a Marine, as well as the reprint rights to all five of my Courtland Chronicles books, which are going out of print from their original publisher at the end of this year. The lucky new publisher for this literary largesse (HA!) is Riptide Publishing, a shiny new venture founded by my good friends and fellow authors Aleksandr Voinov and Rachel Haimowitz, which will be launching this fall. OAM is tentatively scheduled for November, with the Courtland books trickling out (this time in proper reading order!) over the next year and a half.

To say I'm over the moon would be an understatement. I'm so freakin' giddy, I can't stand it! I mean, six books at once! I'll never break that record! Plus, I am just completely, amazingly stunned, flattered and honored to be among Riptide's roster of authors, which also includes: Andrea Speed, Brita Addams, Bryl Tyne, Damon Suede, Kari Gregg, LA Witt, Rhianon Etzweiler and Storm Grant - as well as our fearless leaders, Aleks and Rachel. Quite a lineup, huh?

I'm currently in the midst of developmental edits, which are kicking my ass in the best way possible. I can see the manuscript taking on a different shape, getting better every day I slave away at it. I am so excited for you all to read it! I have a feeling it will be my best book yet.

Rachel and I will be appearing at Authors After Dark in Philadelphia next week, as well as the GayRomLit retreat in New Orleans in October. C'mon up and talk to us - we're eager to spread the word about Riptide!

And now, back to editing Once a Marine! :)

No comments: